JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling
JEE Advanced Counselling 2018 will be made available by Joint Seat Allocation Authority(JoSAA) all the candidates eligible for admission will have to participate in the joint seat allocation process by filling in their choices of the courses. Around 97 institutes participate in Joint Seat Allocation Authority Counselling.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling will be conducted in online mode only after the declaration of JEE Advanced Result.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Schedule
- JEE Advanced is conducted for candidates aspiring admission to 4-year B.Tech program or 5-year Integrated B.Tech program for various courses at various IITs across India.
- The JEE Advanced 2018 counselling conducting body JoSAA carries out the counselling process on 19th June, 2018 via online mode. Please visit - www.josaa.nic.in for regular updates.
- Minimum eligibility to participate in counselling process - 75% aggregate marks in class XII or a good rank in JEE Advanced
- Around 23 IITs participate in the process and a total of 166 streams and 79 streams will be available for 4-year and 5-year course respectively.
JEE Advanced Counselling Dates(tentative)
|JEE Advanced Result||June 10, 2018|
|AAT is scheduled for||June 14, 2018|
|Registration for JEE Advanced Counselling begins from||For B. Tech and Integrated B. Tech- June 15, 2018|
|For B.Arch.- June 19, 2018|
|Last Date to register and lock choices||June 26, 2018|
Eligibility for JEE Advanced Counselling 2018
- Only qualified candidates will be allowed to participate in JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling process. And the candidates will be provided admission to various courses offered by IIT.
- However, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to participate in counselling and seat allotment process:
- Candidates must possess good rank in Common Rank List in IIT Advanced.
- Minimum aggregate of candidate in the qualifying examination must not be less than 75% (65% for SC/ST/PwD). In case of percentile, the candidate should be among top 20 successful toppers.
- The aggregate marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Language (Language paper in which candidates have scored higher marks will be taken into consideration) will be considered in calculating the aggregate in qualifying examination.
If any of these are not evaluated during the final year, (for eg. Three-year diploma courses) the marks of the previous year will be taken into consideration.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process
Counselling and seat allotment process for JEE Advanced 2018 will begin from June 19, 2018. The first round of seat allocation will be held on June 29, 2018 tentatively.
Steps for counselling process in brief:
- Registration for JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling
- Candidates need to fill choices online and lock them
- Allotment of seats
- Reporting to Allotted colleges
- Granting Provisional Admission for to candidates
Registration for JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling
Candidates must register online for JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling after fourth week of June, 2018 by entering personal details such as JEE Advanced Application number and roll number, DOB and create new User ID and password.
Choice filling and Locking of choices
- Candidates fill their choice of college/institutions, course and branch after logging in to the portal.
- And the choices must be filled in decreasing order of preference and
- Final choices must be locked before the due dates failing which leads to choices are locked automatically.
- The online registration for JoSAA Counselling will begin from June 19, 2018.
- Seat allotment process will end on July 15, 2018.
- Candidates who qualify JEE Main and Advanced are eligible to participate in JoSAA.
- Counselling will be conducted in 7 rounds which may vary depending on the availability of seats.
- Candidates must be among top 20 toppers in Class XII or with 75% aggregate marks(65% for reserved categories)in qualifying examination or candidates with minimum JEE Advanced cut off marks are eligible to apply for counselling.