JEE Advanced 2018 Seat Allotment
The JEE Advanced 2018 seat allotment would be conducted online on the basis of All India Rank (AIR) secured by the candidates in JEE Advanced and The choices filled by them during choice filling and locking.Seat allotment for qualified students has been divided into 2 categories:
- On the basis of Date of Birth (DOB)
- Percentage of disability
JEE Advanced Seat Allotment (tentative)
|First round of Seat Allocation will be conducted on||June 28, 2018|
|First Round Reporting for Seat Acceptance is scheduled for||June 29, 2018- July 05, 2018|
|Seat Allocation Round 2 will be conducted on||July 04, 2018|
|Seat Acceptance for Round 2 will be conducted on||July 05- July 06, 2018Round 3 of Seat Allocation will be done on|
|Round 3 of Seat Allocation will be done on||July 07, 2018|
|Seat Acceptance and Reporting at Allotted Centres for Round 3 will be held on||July 08- July 09, 2018|
Status of seat allotment:
- Candidates must log in using the Registration No (User ID), JEE Advanced 2018 Roll No and Password to check their seat allotment status.
- As the opening and closing ranks for all the categories vary, candidates securing higher rank in their respective categories will be allotted seats accordingly.
- The soft copy of the category (SC/ST/OBC-NCL) certificates uploaded at the time of online registration will be scrutinized against originals during seat allocation, and if the certificates uploaded are found to be inappropriate, the student will be treated as General only, if their score in the Paper-1 of JEE Main is above the cutoff score for General category.
- The seat allocation in JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling would be completed within three rounds.
- Candidates are therefore advised to check the status after the completion of ever round, as it is possible that the seats allotted to them can be upgraded because other students have either withdrawn from the course or have accepted seats they prefer.
Changes in JEE Advanced Seat Allotment Process
- Eligible candidates can withdraw their seats in any of the counselling rounds except the last round.
- The introduction of seat withdrawal option by the JoSAA officials will be significant in reduction of the number of unfilled seats at IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
Reporting to Allotted colleges
- Candidates must report to the Zonal IIT after the seats are allotted to them.
- Verify their documents and pay the required admission fee.
Fee structure for General and Reserved category students
|2.||SC/ST & PWD||20000|
Admission fee can be paid via:
- Internet banking
- Credit/Debit card
- Payment in the nearest branch
After the completion of verification, candidates will get a final allotment letter by the institutes granting provisional admission.
Documents Required for Provisional Admission:
Candidates are required to submit original documents along with one attested photocopy during verification for taking provisional admission.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Original Admit Card
- JEE Advanced 2018 Seat Allotment Letter from JOCSAP website
- JEE Advanced Application Form (duly filled)
- Duly filled medical examination report
- Birth Proof Class Xth /HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate as proof of data of birth
- Class 12th or Equivalent Examination Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS) issued by competent authority as per the format in the JEE Advanced 2018 Brochure
- Criteria for Foreign National students Attested photocopy of the page in the passport comprising the name, photo and nationality.
- DD towards the registration fee. It would be later adjusted towards the tuition fee, to be paid at the time of admission.