JEE Main 2018 Seat Allotment
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will conduct the JEE Main 2018 counselling and seat allotment for all the qualified candidate. Seat allotment will be on the basis of their merit, choice of filling and availability of seats. First JoSAA will allot the seats to candidates in two mock rounds which will help them to know the seats, they could be allotted on the basis of their choice filling in JEE Main.
JEE Main 2018 Seat allotment schedule
The schedule of JEE Mains Seat allotment is provided below with the Tentative Dates.
|Registration and Choice Filling Process||3rd week of June 2018|
|Last Date of Registration and Choice Filling||4th week of June 2018|
|Mock Seat Allocation Round starts||Last week of June 2018|
|Mock Seat Allocation-Round 2||Last week of June 2018|
|1st Round of Seat Allocation||Last week of June 2018|
|1st Round of Seat Acceptance||Last week of June 2018 to 1st week of july 2018|
|Display of Seat Availability||1st week of july 2018|
|2nd Round of Seat Allocation||1st week of july 2018|
|2nd Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||1st week of july 2018|
|Display of Seat Availability||2nd week of july 2018|
|3rd Round of Seat Allocation||2nd week of June 2018|
|3rd Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of June 2018|
|Reporting to centre||2nd week of June 2018|
|4th Round of Seat Allocation||2nd week of June 2018|
|4th Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of June 2018|
|5th Round of Seat Allocation||3rd week of July2018|
|5th Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||3rd week of July2018|
|6th Round of Seat Allocation||3rd week of July2018|
|6th Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||4th week of July2018|
|7th Round of Seat Allocation||4th week of July2018|
|7th Round Withdrawal/acceptance of seats||4th week of July2018|
|Reporting to centre||4th week of July2018|
seat allotment 2018 steps in detail is given below:
- Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- Candidates will get an Email/SMS regards to the seat allotment after a few days of choice lock.
- Download the seat allotment letter.
Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance
- Pay the acceptance fees to confirm the allotment of seats.
- Candidates have to deposit the fee via SBI Net Banking/e-Challan.
- Verify the documents at any reporting center for provisional seat acceptance.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of the process.
Reporting to Allocated Institution
- Candidates have to report to the allotted institution after the fee acceptance.
- Candidates have to report at the allotted college along with all the original documents and certificates.
- Candidates, those allotted a seat in NIT, IIIT, IIEST & other GFTI colleges have to report only at reporting center of these institutions.
- Candidates who have allotted seat in IIT & ISM have to report only at reporting center of IITs.
After the allotment of seat, candidate has to choice either of the option
- Freeze: In Case, candidate are satisfied with their option of seat allotment and do not want to proceed further in the seat allotment rounds, will have to choose freeze option.
- Float:In case, candidate need to keep the seat alloted to them and also wishes to upgrade their seat must choose Float option.
- Slide:In case, candidates who accepts the allotted seats but seeking for better option opts for this.
- In case, candidates wants to withdraw their seats have to report at the reporting center before the sixth round of seat allocation.
- Candidates will not be considered for further counselling rounds after the withdraw option.
- After seat is withdrew, the seat acceptance fee will be refunded to the candidates with a deduction of processing charge.
- For the seat withdraw process, candidates should fill their bank account details & upload an image of the cancelled cheque (same account) in a JPEG/JPG format. After that,the withdrawal request letter should be downloaded.
- Candidates have to put their and their parent signature in the withdrawal request letter and report to the reporting center.
Candidates should will be required to carry all these original documents to the reporting center for verification. The documents are:
3 passport size photographs (the same as uploaded during registration)
- 3 passport size photographs (the same as uploaded during registration)
- Provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter
- Photo identity card
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- Date of birth proof
- JEE Main 2017 Score Card
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment.
Candidates will have to report at the institute allotted after verification of documents.