JIPMER 2018 Inroduction
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research originated as École de Médicine de Pondichérry established by the French Government in the year 1823. This medical school was converted into Dhanvantari Medical College at the time of de facto transfer of Pondicherry to Government of India.
And later the Medical College was later upgraded into Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER).
JIPMER which includes a tertiary care referral hospital is an Institution of National Importance (an autonomous body) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. JIPMER was ranked sixth among medical colleges in India in 2017 by Outlook India and fifth by The Week.
JIPMER 2018 Important Dates
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Puducherry under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with bed strength of Sanctioned 2134 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S, Degree Courses are offered in 43 disciplines.
JIPMER 2018 important dates has been released and the important dates for the national level entrance exam include - online registration, examination date, admit card download, result, counselling.
Important dates for JIPMER 2018
|Commencement of online registration for JIPMER MBBS 2018||07.03.2018, 11:00 AM|
|Last date to apply||13.04.2018, 5:00 PM|
|Availability of hall ticket online||From 21.05.2018, 10:00 AM - 03.06.2018, 8.00 AM|
|Timings||10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
|Expected date of publication of Merit List||On or Before 20.06.2018|
|First Counseling (Tentative)||27.06.2018 to 29.06.2018.|
JIPMER 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates wanting admission to JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal must take up JIPMER exam and secure the required cut off to gain admission, and in order to write the exam, the candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria defined by JIPMER.
Eligibility criteria for JIPMER must be first checked thoroughly before applying and candidates must make sure they meet the eligibility requirements, to avoid any glitches in writing the exam.
Eligibility criteria include -
- Qualifying exam
- Qualifying marks
Admissions Shall Be Rejected In The Following Situations:
- Candidates who fail to fulfill the prescribed age limit for admission.
- Candidates who fail to obtain the minimum stipulated marks in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or + 2).
- Candidates who have applied under NCL OBC Category and whose sub-caste NOT listed in the current Central OBC List and who’s Certificate has NOT been submitted in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority.
- The candidates who have applied under SC/ST Categories WITHOUT valid Certificate as in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority.
- The Candidates who have applied under PUDUCHERRY status with NO valid proof as prescribed.
- Non submission of OCI Registration Certificate issued by Competent Authority.
JIPMER 2018 Application Form
JIPMER 2018 Application form can be submitted in online mode only. JIPMER, Puducherry has released the application form on March 7th 2018. and the last date to submit the application form is 13th April 2018 till 5:00 pm. Candidates will have to pay the application fee after filling JIPMER application form 2018
The application fee of JIPMER MBBS 2018 different for different categories. Candidates should fill the JIPMER Online application form carefully, no changes will be allowed after the application form is submitted. A printout of the filled application form is needed for further reference. Any incomplete JIPMER MBBS application form 2018 will be rejected.
Procedure in brief to fill JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2018
The five-step procedure is given below for filling JIPMER MBBS 2018 application form.
Step 1: Registration
Step 2: Login
Step 3: Edit or Fill the application form of JIPMER MBBS
Step 4: Payment of JIPMER MBBS application fee
Step 5: Confirmation of JIPMER MBBS 2018 application form
JIPMER 2018 Time Table
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) is conducting the MBBS entrance examination which will be held on 3rd June 2018.
Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] mode only. The duration of the exam is Two hours and 30 minutes. The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in single/two shifts depending on number of candidates. Language of question paper is English
Morning Shift / First shift
Two Shifts* Morning Shift / First shift
Afternoon Shift /Second shift
|10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
|Two hours and 30 minutes|
JIPMER 2018 Admit card/Hall Ticket
JIPMER 2018 Admit card/Hall Ticket is available in Online Mode. Contents of admit card entail Candidates name, Roll number, Signature, Photograph, DOB, Name and Address of the Examination Centre, Mode of Exam.
JIPMER 2018 admit card will be available online from 21st May, 2018, 10.00 AM to 3rd June, 2018 8.00 AM. Admit card will not be dispatched through post. Candidates are requested to visit official website and download the admit card.
Steps to Download JIPMER Admit Card 2018
- Visit JIPMER official website -www.jipmer.edu.in
- Click on Examination
- Click on JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2018
- Enter User ID and Password
- Click on Login
- Download and take printout of JIPMER hall ticket/admit card
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern
JIPMER Puducherry is conducting the JIPMER MBBS 2018.The entrance exam is conducted in online mode. There are 200 multiple choice questions.The language of the question paper is english. The entrance exam may tentatively be conducted in 120 cities in India
The marking scheme for JIPMER 2018 is 4 marks is given for a correct answer and negative marking for a wrong answer i.e, one mark is deducted for an incorrect answer.
Subject and Marks Distribution
|Subjects||Number of questions|
|English language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical and Quantitative reasoning||10|
JIPMER 2018 Answer key
JIPMER, Puducherry does not provide or release the answer key for JIPMER 2018. JIPMER is a computer-based online test. JIPMER 2018 will be conducted on 3rd June, 2018.
JIPMER, Puducherry currently does not release the answer key for JIPMER.It is not releasing the answer keys from the year 2013.In case the conducting body publishes JIPMER answer key 2018, the link to download the same will be updated here.
JIPMER 2018 Results
The result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will first be declared in the form of JIPMER MBBS merit list on or before June 20th 2018, which contains names of only those candidates who qualify the JIPMER MBBS.
The result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 merit list will contain candidates name, category, general and category-wise rank and total and subject-wise percentile scored. After a few days of the release of JIPMER MBBS merit list, JIPMER Puducherry will release JIPMER MBBS 2018 result in the form of individual rank letters or scorecards.
The scorecards of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will tentatively be released in the fourth week of June, 2018.
Preparation Of Overall Rank / Merit List
The Percentile scores for the Total Marks for both shifts would be merged and arranged so as to derive an Overall Merit List / Ranking.
JIPMER Exam centre 2018
JIPMER 2018 exam will be held in 120 cities across the country, compared to previous year, the count of exam centres has been increased for the current year.
JIPMER 2018 Exam Centres is based on State wise and City wise centres, for the Current Year Examination is held in 120 Exam Centres. Candidates can opt for 3 Exam Centers. Allotment of Exam City and Change of Exam City Centre rules are given.
Other Important Points:
- Applicant can opt only for THREE EXAM CITIES.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. JIPMER, depending upon local conditions, reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- NO request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
- If seats for Entrance Exam are unavailable in the chosen 3 exam cities, nearby (exam) cities will be considered for venues.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website/ text message.
JIPMER 2018 Cutoff
The candidates who will qualify in the JIPMER MBBS 2018 entrance by securing the Cutoff marks will be considered for admission to 200 MBBS seats. JIPMER Puducherry, has given a minimum required Cutoff marks for different categories.
- If the entrance exam is conducted in two Shifts, Normalization procedure will be followed.
- Normalization is a process for ensuring that candidates are neither advantaged nor disadvantaged by the difficulty of questions.
- At First, the Percentile Score for each candidate (Shift Wise) will be calculated.
In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined
JIPMER 2018 Institutions/Colleges
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research is a medical school in India which is an Indian central government funded institute with autonomy to run its internal administration. As an Institute of National Importance, JIPMER is not affiliated to any university and it awards its own degrees. Admission to the courses are made on all-India basis and strictly on the basis of merit through entrance examinations.
JIPMER admits 150 students to the MBBS course once every year through an all-India entrance examination. Some seat are reserved for Puducherry natives and Central Government nominations. From 2016, JIPMER has started a new branch in Karaikal with 50 MBBS seats. So, now JIPMER exam will be conducted for 200 MBBS seats.
JIPMER 2018 Counselling
After the release of cut off, counselling is carried out for qualified candidates, the names of qualified candidates will be announced by the official authority in the merit list. A total of 3 counselling rounds will be done based the seats opted by candidates, counselling commences tentatively on 27th June, 2018. Read below for counselling process
Counselling in Brief:
- Biometric finger print verification
- Image/photo verification
- Certificate verification
- Candidate may either opt JIPMER Puducherry or JIPMER Karaikal or may opt out.
JIPMER 2018 Reservation Criteria
JIPMER follows reservation rules and reserves a certain percentage of seats for various categories under vertical and horizontal reservation.
JIPMER 2018 All Reservation List
Vertical reservation encompass -
- Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer)
- Scheduled Caste/Tribe
- Puducherry Unreserved
- Puducherry Other Backward Classes
- Puducherry Scheduled Caste
- Puducherry Scheduled Tribe
- Non- Resident of India/Overseas Citizen of India.
Horizontal reservation encompass -
- Orthopedically Handicapped
- Puducherry Orthopedically Handicapped
JIPMER 2018 Seat Allotment
JIPMER 2018 Seat Allotment will be conducted for candidates who will successfully get through all the verification rounds. For the allotment of seats candidates will be called as per their rank. The candidates will be allotted a seat if their is vacancy in the preferred course or campus.
The candidates may have to settle for lesser prioritised seats if there is no vacancy.Candidates can choose a seat either in JIPMER, Puducherry or JIPMER, Karaikal.
- Usually, no candidate (Indian or Foreign), will be admitted to the MBBS course beyond 30th September of the year of the admission.
- No candidate except foreign nationals will be admitted under any circumstances beyond 30th September of the year of admission.
- The candidates who are admitted after 30th September will be eligible for appearing in the First Professional Examination only with the next batch of students.
JIPMER 2018 Helpline Numbers and Contact Details
The Candidates who are applying for JIPMER 2018 might have several queries regarding applications, Eligibility, admit card, results, Reservation, required documents, counselling process, seat allotments, admissions etc., To solve all those queries ,JIPMER, Puducherry has released the JIPMER 2018 Helpline Numbers and Contact Numbers of Office of Dean (Academic), Assistant Administrative Officer, Office Superintendent.
Both Candidates and Parents can call or contact them to solve their queries. The complete JIPMER 2018 Toll Free Helpline Numbers and Contact Numbers of Office of Dean (Academic), Assistant Administrative Officer, Office Superintendent are given below.
JIPMER 2018 Address:
The Dean (Academic), III-Floor, Academic Section,
JIPMER Academic Centre, Dhanvantri Nagar P.O,
Puducherry 605 006.