JIPMER 2018 Counselling
After the release of cut off, counselling is carried out for qualified candidates, the names of qualified candidates will be announced by the official authority in the merit list. A total of 3 counselling rounds will be done based the seats opted by candidates, counselling commences tentatively on 27th June, 2018. Read below for counselling process
Counselling in Brief:
- Biometric finger print verification
- Image/photo verification
- Certificate verification
- Candidate may either opt JIPMER Puducherry or JIPMER Karaikal or may opt out
- If candidate has opted, then
- No sliding will be allowed from JIPMER Puducherry to JIPMER Karaikal and vice versa
- Payment of admission fee on the same day of counselling
- If the candidate has opted out
- The candidate may attend the next counselling
- If candidate has opted, then
- The candidate called for counseling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stipulated in the Call Letter.
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counseling.
- If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling and legal action will be taken against the candidate.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present i.e in person for counseling on the day.
- No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counseling in person, she/he will be marked absent and her/his candidature will stand cancelled.
- The Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the centre Representative/Invigilator
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format prescribed.
- Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe (SC/ST) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the prescribed format.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Migration Certificate
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Non resident Indian : Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- Overseas citizen of India: Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
Note: If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer should be produced.
- If the candidate’s biometric finger print, image and certificates are found in order, he/she is eligible to attend counselling.
- In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by General (UR) & Orthopedically Candidates (OPH) would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counseling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC.
- Next, reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates will be counseled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories.
- Next, the seats to be filled by UT of Puducherry UR/OBC/SC/OCI/NRI candidates will be counseled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories.
- In case, during the counseling any ST seat remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of ST category) then this seat will be made available to the eligible General Category candidate. Similarly, in case the OBC/SC/OPH category seat remains vacant after calling all eligible OBC/SC/OPH category candidates then this vacant seat shall be made available and filled by the eligible General Category candidate
- In case, during the counseling any P-ST seat remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of P- ST Category) then this seat will be made available to the eligible Puducherry - General Category (P-UR) candidate. Similarly, in case the P-OBC/P-SC/P-OPH category seat remains vacant after calling all eligible P-OBC/P-SC/P-OPH category candidates then this vacant seat shall be made available and filled by the eligible Puducherry General Category (P-UR) candidate.
- If a candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC who had taken admission under open (UR) of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit.
- If a candidate belonging to UT of Puducherry UR/OBC/SC candidates who had taken admission under open (UR) or reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) or reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit.
First counselling for various categories will be in following order.
|Order of Category||Counseling Date (Tentative)|
|OPH & P-OPH (Medical Examination)||26.06.2018|
|UR/OPH & P-OPH||27.06.2018|
|Puducherry-UR/OBC/SC/ST & NRI/OCI||29.06.2018|
- In each category the total no. of candidate to be called for counseling will be 8 times the no. of seats available in each category.
- If a candidate has opted/chosen for JIPMER, Puducherry, he/ she will not be allowed to change JIPMER, Karaikal & vice versa i.e. Sliding will not be allowed from JIPMER, Puducherry to JIPMER, Karaikal and vice versa. He / She will not be eligible for the second counseling.
- If a candidate who has not opted/chosen in the first counseling. He/ She will be eligible to attend the second counseling.
- Second counseling will be held, if seats are vacant, on 25th July, 2018 (Tentative Date)
- The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his/her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counseling.
- A candidate who is present for the first counseling but does not opt/exercise option at his/her category rank will be eligible to attend second counseling.
- The order of the second counseling will be OPH/UR/OBC/SC/ST/Puducherry-UR/OBC/SC/ST & NRI/OCI (Subject to availability of seats vacant)
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counseling due to candidate's not opting/joining, will be available for the third counseling (Tentative Date – 20.08.2018).
- Any seat remaining vacant after the third counseling due to candidate's not opting/joining, will be available for the final counseling (Tentative Date – 28.09.2018).
- In Final Counseling, All candidates who are eligible by the merit list can attend this final counseling irrespective of their previous attendance.