JIPMER 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates wanting admission to JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal must take up JIPMER exam and secure the required cut off to gain admission, and in order to write the exam, the candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria defined by JIPMER.
Read below for JIPMER Eligibility criteria 2018
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects)
- Any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the below list will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized.
- Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes/OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2018 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria are satisfied.
Name of the 12th class examination and the affiliated University/Board:
|Sl.No||Name of the 12th class examination||University/Board|
|1||All India Senior School Certificate Examination||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|2||Indian School Certificate (Year - 12) Examination||Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination|
|3||Intermediate Examination.||Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh|
|4||Higher Secondary (+2) Examination.||Assam Higher Secondary Education Council|
|5||Bihar Intermediate Examination.||Bihar Intermediate Council|
|6||Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination.||Board of Secondary Education, Chhattisgarh|
|7||Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination.||Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education|
|8||Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2 Pattern).||Gujarat Secondary Education Board, Gujarat|
|9||Senior Secondary Certificate Examination.||Board of School Education, Haryana|
|10||Senior Secondary (+2 ) Examination.||Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education|
|11||Higher Secondary Part II Examination, Jammu/Kashmir Region.||The Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education|
|12||Jharkhand Intermediate Examination.||Jharkhand Intermediate Council|
|13||Second Year Pre-University Examination.||Board of Pre-University Examination, Karnataka|
|14||Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (10+2).||Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala|
|15||Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (10+2).||Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh|
|16||Higher Secondary Certificate Examination.||Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education|
|17||Higher Secondary Examination.||Council of Secondary Education, Manipur|
|18||Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination.||Meghalaya Board of School Education|
|19||Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination.||Mizoram Board of School Education|
|20||Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination.||Nagaland Board of School Education|
|21||Higher Secondary Examination.||Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa|
|22||Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (Part – II).||Punjab School Education Board|
|23||Senior Secondary Examination.||Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan|
|24||Higher Secondary Examination.||Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Tamil Nadu|
|25||Higher Secondary (+2 Stage) Examination.||Tripura Board of Secondary Education|
|26||Intermediate Examination||Board of Intermediate Examination, Telangana|
|27||Intermediate Examination||Board of Intermediate Examination, Uttaranchal|
|28||Intermediate Examination.||Board of Intermediate Examination, Uttar Pradesh|
|29||Higher Secondary Examination.||West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination|
|30||New Delhi which is equivalent to 12th Std. Examinations.||Any other examinations recognized by Association of Indian Universities|
Admissions Shall Be Rejected In The Following Situations:
- Candidates who fail to fulfill the prescribed age limit for admission.
- Candidates who fail to obtain the minimum stipulated marks in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or + 2).
- Candidates who have applied under Non-Creamy Layer OBC Category and whose sub-caste NOT listed in the current Central OBC List and who’s Certificate has NOT been submitted in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority.
- The candidates who have applied under SC/ST Categories WITHOUT valid Certificate as in the prescribed format from the Competent Authority.
- The Candidates who have applied under PUDUCHERRY status with NO valid proof as prescribed.
- Non submission of OCI Registration Certificate issued by Competent Authority.