KCET 2018 Application Form
The CET 2018 Application Form has been released on the kea website kea.kar.nic.in on the 1st of February 2018. The form is available for till 26th February 2018(
Filling the Application Form KCET 2018:
Step 1: KCET 2018 Login into Application Form
- Click here for the Application Form Link.
- You can see various options such as How to Apply, Log in, Sample Application, etc. present over the Grey bar at the top of the page.
- The "How to Apply" option shows the step-by-step process for filling the KCET 2018 application form.
- If you have not yet registered for CET 2018 you can click on "New User? Click Here to Register" at the bottom of the page.
- If you have already registered then click on LOG IN.
- After reading all the instructions carefully, click on “Proceed to Apply Online” button at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: KCET 2018 Candidate Registration
Answer the following questions by selecting Yes Or No:
- "Whether the Student is a Citizen of India?"
- Appearing in "Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Exam 2018 (Science)"
(In case, you click on Yes, then enter the 13 digit "Student No" assigned by PUE Department or else proceed ahead with filling the application details.)
Carefully Enter the following details in the KCET application form 2018 :
- Name of the Candidate (As per SSLC/10th Marks Card
- Name of the Father (As per SSLC/10th Marks Card)
- Name of the Mother (As per SSLC/10th Marks Card)
- Select Gender: Male or Female
- Enter Date Of Birth (As per SSLC/10th Marks Card
- Contact Mobile Number (Candidate
- Create a User - Id (Minimum 6 Characters)
- Create a Password (Minimum 8 characters)
- Re-enter Password
Select a secret question from the 5 questions in the drop down list
Note: Remember the question and the answer till the end of the admission process.
- Answer the secret question
- Enter SSLC/10th Class registration number
- Enter your Aadhaar Number (Note: Aadhaar card number is an optional step, you may skip entering it)
- Enter security code reflecting on the page in Red colour.
- Click on "Submit" button
Step 3: Generation of Application Number and User ID for KCET 2018:
After clicking on Submit button in the registration form, your registration status, Application Number and User ID will be visible on the page
Step 4: Log In Details
Enter the generated User ID, Password and Security Code and click on the Login Button
Step 5: Contact Details of the Candidate applying for KCET 2018 :
After clicking on the log in button, enter the following details:
- Enter your residential address.
- Select state from the drop down list
- Also select the District and Taluk from the drop down list.
- If candidates have selected the state (Other than Karnataka, then they have to enter the District and Taluk’s name manually.
- Also enter pin code and phone number
- Select the appropriate answer for - Have you appeared for the Previous CET exam? By clicking on Yes or No.
- Enter CET number if you click on Yes and enter the year of appearance in CET
- Answer the question – Have you obtained any seat in CET and taken admission to college? - Yes or No
- Click on "Save and Next" button
Step 6: Enter reservation details for KCET 2018:
- Select the Disciplines/Courses interested in. The exam dates will also appear.
- Select your Mother Tongue (As per School/College Record) from the drop down list.
- Select Religion, Nationality, Native State of Father
Note:Do not answer this question - Are you claiming quota of? (This is applicable only in case of medical or dental courses).
- Manually enter the annual income of the family. Note: Candidates must mention/select the actual category/caste/income as at the time of counselling the same certificates have to be produced. No change can be made in the category after application submission.
- Select the respective Reservation Category.
- Mention name of the caste.
- Enter Caste/Category/Income Certificate Number. (This is optional, you may skip it).
- Select Eligibility Clause Code from the drop down list
- Select the place to appear for CET-2018 or exam centre. (You can only select 1 exam centre).
Step 7: Enter the Qualifying Exam ( 2nd PUC/Equivalent 12th std Exam) Details:
- Select Qualifying Examination from the drop down list. (Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) Students are not eligible to apply for KCET 2018).
- In case of Karnataka CBSE/CISCE, choose school name from the drop down list.
- Mention the total number of completed years of study in Karnataka (From 1st to 12th Std.)
- Answer the following questions by selecting Yes or No accordingly:
- Have you studied in Rural area of Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard?
- Have you studied in Kannada Medium from 1st to 10th standard?
- Are you eligible to claim reservation under Article 371 (j) Hyderabad Karnataka?
- Have you studied SSLC/10th standard in Karnataka?
- Are you a Son/Daughter of Jammu & Kashmiri Migrant?
- Select State (from the dropdown list) where you have appeared for your 2nd PUC/12th/Equivalent exam
- Select District where you have appeared for 2nd PUC/12th/Equivalent exam (If Karnataka)
- Select any of the Special Category if you belong to any (For claiming reservation in that particular category)
- Are you eligible to claim reservation under agriculturist quota? (Applicable only for Farm Science Courses)
- Select Agriculture Practical Exam Centre from the drop down list.
- Then click on the "Save and Next" button.
Step 8: Enter the academic details:
- Mention the complete name, address of the school/institute where the candidates have completed their study from 1st standard to II PUC/12th standard/Qualifying Examination. Mention the address and name with phone number of each school separately corresponding to the class studied.
- Enter the class, year of appearing (from and to) and year of passing.
- Candidates have the option to edit/delete the details enter.
- Once all details are correct, click on “Save and Next Butto
Step 9: Upload the required photograph, signature and thumb impression
- Candidates have to upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impression. They also have to upload signature/left thumb impression of the parent/guardian.
- Click on choose filed in each section and then click on upload button. Image specification are given below.
- After uploading the images, click on "Save and Next" button.
Image Specifications KCET 2018
|Images to be uploaded||Dimension||Format||Size|
Colour photo with white background
Mobile photos are also allowe
|3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||jpg/jpeg format||5 to 40 KB|
Must be in black or blue ink.
Must not be in Capital letters
|3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||jpg/jpeg format||5 to 40 KB|
|Left Thumb Impression||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||jpg/jpeg format||5 to 40 KB|
|Parent/Guardian’s signature/left thumb impression||As above||As above||As above|
Step 10: Declaration
- After reading the declaration carefully and checking the images uploaded by you click on/tick mark the declaration (I agree)
- Click on Next button.
Step 11: Fee Payment KCET 2018
- If clicking on next button does not take you to the fee payment bank, then click on the Challan button from the tabs available at the top of the page.
- You will find 2 options for fee payment – Challan or Online payment
- For fee payment through challan, select any of the 2 bank options – SBI or ICICI Bank and click on Download Challan button. After downloading the challan, you need to take print put of the challan and take the challan copy to any branch of the bank selected in the application form. Pay the application fee in cash as per the challan. The bank will retain its copy and return the other two copies to you. Keep this safe, as you need to produce it at the time of counseling along with your printed application form of KCET 2018.
- For online payment, click on Bill Desk – Online Pay button and select from the options – Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking. Enter your card/bank details and pay the fee. After successful fee payment, your fee payment success will be generated online with all details.
KCET 2018 Application Fee Details
|Categories||Application Fee||Bank Charges||Post Office Charges|
|Applicants who Studied Outside Karnataka||Rs.750||Rs.10||Rs.12|
- After fee payment, candidates must take printout of the filled application form on A-4 Size sheet.
- Affix candidate’s recent Passport size Photograph, Signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression on the specified space. Besides this, they have to have the seal and signature of the principal of the college (where they have studied 2nd PU or 12th Standard or are appearing) or by any Gazetted Officer in the specified space.
- Now this copy has to be produced during document verification along with the copy of the Challan (KEA copy).
KCET 2018 Application Form Correction
Candidates have the provision to edit their KCET Application form Online from 23rd April to 5th May, 2018 till 6:00 PM. KEA, the official conducting body of KCET has released dates to edit KCET Application form. KCET exam has been conducted on 18th and 19th April, 2018 and Provisional answer keys was released (on 23rd April, 2018).
Steps to edit Application online:
- Visit Edit option for KCET Application.
- Enter User ID, Password and Security code to login.
- Make required corrections.
- Submit form.