KCET Defence Personnel of Karnataka Origin Reservation 2018
Son or daughter of Defence Personnel falling under Eligibility Clauses (e), (f) and (g) should obtain the Defence certificates in the prescribed format appended to this brochure failing which they will not be allowed for verification of certificates and also for the later allotment of seats under Defence.
Defence personnel for the purpose of these clauses means a person in Defence Service including Personnel belonging to Civil GT COYS ASC who were Civilian Class ‘III’ or Class ‘IV’ Government servants and ‘Border Roads Organisational Personnel’. (Vide Notification No. ED 189 TGL 94 Bangalore dated 29‐07‐1994).
- Candidates claiming eligibility under Eligibility Clauses (e) should produce the certificate of employment issued by the Controlling Office in the prescribed format where the parent is working, Indicating the period during which the parent has worked in Karnataka.
- Candidates claiming eligibility under Eligibility Clauses (f) should produce a certificate from the Record Office of the Defence Unit in the prescribed format indicating that the parent had declared a place in Karnataka as his home town at the time of joining the service.
- Candidates claiming eligibility under Eligibility Clauses (g) should produce a certificate from the Controlling Office in the prescribed format indicating the period during which the parent has worked in Karnataka, the present place of posting and also the fact that his family is permitted to stay in Karnataka.
- Provided that 10% of the seats shall be reserved horizontally for allotment to the children of defence personnel of Karnataka Origin from among the total seats reserved for defence personals. (Candidates claiming eligibility under Eligibility Clauses (f))
- Candidates belonging to Defence will be considered for allotment of seats in the respective special category seats as per their merit order ONLY in the General Round of allotment of seats along with the other general merit and reserved category candidates