KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The KCET 2018 Exam can be analyzed and a repeating pattern can be found from various details such as mode of examination, syllabus, total number of questions, type of questions, marking schemes etc. Knowledge of the KCET 2018 Exam pattern will give the students more confidence when attempting the KCET 2018 Exam.
KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
|Mode of the Examination||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper based)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Duration||1 hour 20 minutes for each test paper|
|Number of questions||180 questions (Physics- 60, Chemistry- 60, Mathematics- 60)|
|Total marks||180 Marks (180 Q x 1 Mark)|
|Marking scheme||1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
There is no negative marking for incorrect or unattempted answers.
|Question Paper||Each question paper will be distributed in 16 sets (A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, B4, C1, C2, C3, C4, D1, D2, D3, D4)|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions (MCQs) with 4 options|
|Language||English and Kannada|
|Syllabus||Questions from class 11th and 12th class syllabus prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State|
Guidelines for filling the OMR Sheets of KCET 2018
e Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheets will be given to the candidates for marking answers. Candidate can answer the question by shading the circles on the OMR Answer Sheet.
- OMR answer sheets must be filled by Blue or Black Pen only. Use of pencil to mark bubbles is strictly prohibited.
- Do not partially fill or mark those bubbles outside its demonstrated areas.
- Four dots are present at the corners of OMR answer sheets called as “Index Points”. No scribbling of pen or pencil is allowed around its area (as highlighted in given picture). If any scribbling is found, that answer sheet will be strictly rejected and debarred for calculation of its result.
- Marking of multiple bubbles is allowed only of MCQ’s. If you mark more than one circle in a single choice question the answer will be considered as being wrong
- Do not make any stray marks on the OMR Sheet. Do not pin or staple anything with the OMR Sheet. OMR sheet should not be punched or tied.
- The OMR sheet should not be folded.
KCET 2018 OMR Sheet
Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheets will be given to the candidates for marking answers. Candidate can answer the question by shading the circles on the OMR Answer Sheet.
KCET 2018 Questions and Marks Distribution
KCET 2018 Marking Scheme
|Wrong answer||No Marks|
|Unattempted question||No Marks|