KCET Seat Allotment 2018
All candidates taking up the KCET 2018 exam must be aware of the counselling result which will be uploaded by the Karnataka Education Authority(KEA) in the month of June for the 1st round. The 2nd Round result will be announced in July, after that the candidates should complete the admission process. KEA will issue the KCET 2018 College Allotment according to the ranks and seats available. The Karnataka Examinations Authority will also conduct a Mock Seat Allotment round for the benefit of all the eligible candidates.
KCET 2018 Seat Allotment Result
The KEA board will conduct the entrance test for all the candidates on 18th, 19th and the 20th of April 2018. All those who qualify in this entrance exam are eligible to register for the counseling and seat allotment process. The organization has established some nodal centres for organizing the counseling process across the state of Karnataka. As per the details and information, it will commence the allotment in the month of June 2018. The candidates are eligible for the seat allotment process only if they register and attend for the entire counselling procedure. All candidates need to follow the below process for admission.
KCET 2018 Seat Allotment Procedure
- Candidates will be alloted seats based on their ranking according to the merit and the college and courses during counselling of KCET 2018.
- KCET 2018 seat allotment will be conducted in two or more rounds.
- Candidates need to log in to download their seat allotment letter.
- Candidates who are qualified should visit the allotted institute for verification copy, Unique Secret Keyword and the print out of the seat allotment letter.
How to download KCET 2018 Allotment Order:
- Click here for KCET 2018 Allotment Order(link will be published after released by KEA).
- Enter your details like Hall ticket number and Password.
- Then, your admission letter is displayed on the screen.
- Download and save the file.
- Take a printout of allotment for future reference.
Instructions for KCET 2018 Seat Allotment
- Login to the KEA website to access your account with Unique Secret Keyword mentioned on the Verification Slip.
- Check the seat matrix for KCET 2018 notified by the Karnataka Government for Engineering, Architecture, Farm Science, B Pharm and D-Pharm.
- Download and print the Option Work Sheet / Detailed Option Work Sheet from the official site of KEA to practice before filling the options online
- Candidates can enter as many options as possible. They can enter all colleges and courses as per their priority.
- Enter valid email ID and mobile number required for Option Entry to integrate SMS and email alerts for important notifications.
- A candidate has the option to modify priority, add choices, delete choices before confirming of Online option preference multiple times before final deadline and click on "Save" for immediately updating the details.
- Make sure to click on "Logout" before leaving the option entry portal after saving the option entry every time.
- Take a printout of online option entry.
- The last saved/confirmed Online Options will be considered at the time of final seat allotment.
- Further changes can be made for options entry after the last date and time notified by KEA.
Pointers for Option Entry and Seat Allotment KCET 2018
- The candidates must properly analyze and enter in the options as per preference. The Higher order options are the options first considered for seat allotment.
The candidate is given 3 choices after each allotment round. The choices are as follows:
- Choice 1: After the first round of seat allotment, if a candidate is with the alloted seat then he/she will have to pay tuition fee either through online or challan.After the payment of the fee, the admission order can be downloaded from the official website.
- Choice 2: This is given to those candidates who are satisfied with the allotted seat but also wishes to participate in the next round of counselling for higher options. In case the candidate is not allotted seat in the next round, his/her allotted seat in the first round will still be available.
- Choice 3:There are chances that a candidate is not satisfied with the alloted seat and wishes to participate in the next round with the same entered options. In such cases, that candidate need to opt for choice 3.
- Choice 4: This choice is applicable for those candidates who are not satisfied with the seat and has got a seat elsewhere. Candidates who opts for choice 4 indicates that they are quitting KCET 2018 counseling and seat allotment process. These candidates will not be considered for further rounds. Such candidates will have no claim on the allotted seat.
- If a candidate is allotted with the higher order options, in such case seat alloted in the previous round automatically stands cancel. If the candidate is not alloted with higher order option, then the seat allotted in the previous round will remain.
- The unfilled seats after Round 1 will be converted to General reserved category and made available for Round 2.
- The unfilled seats after Round 2 will be converted to General Merit category and made available for Round 3.
- Candidates participating in the extended round will have the same eligibility criteria as of second round, The seat alloted in first round gets confirmed in case candidates are not allotted seat in this round. Candidates will be allowed to modify/alter/re-order their priority of options.
Allotted Seats Withdrawal Pointers KCET 2018
- In case candidate wishes to surrender or cancel the seat, allotted in first or second round, before the second extended round, then a processing fee of Rs. 5000 will be deducted and the remaining fees will be returned.
- If a candidate surrenders the allotted seat during and after the completion of the second extended round, his/her entire fee will be forfeited.
- If a candidate fails to return the original admission order, bank challan, green card and verification slip, he/she will not be allowed to surrender or cancel the seat.
- Candidates can immediately download the admission order if the payment is successful.