KCET Supernumerary Quota(SNQ) Reservation 2018
- SNQ or Supernumerary quota allows students from the economically weaker sections of the society to gain admission in engineering colleges across the state for reduced tuition fees.
- The entire government fees is waived off for an eligible candidate and s/he only has to pay a token amount for other costs.
- If the candidates income is less that Rs. 6.0 lakhs per year, you become automatically eligible for SNQ quota. Of course, the number of eligible candidate per candidate is limited to 5 percent of the total available seats.
- The seats are alloted under the SNQ purely based on the merit lists and ranks.
- The candidates have to make sure that they produce an income certificate issued by a Jurisdictional Tahasildar or the Block Education Officer and submit it at the document verification stage of the examination.
- Income Certificate (For Supernumerary quota seats only) (Income limit Rs.6,00,000/-) :-All candidates including General Merit candidates are eligible for Supernumerary quota seats. The eligibility for supernumerary quota seats is given at the following pages. The candidates who claim seat under “Supernumerary Quota” will have to obtain an income certificate from the concerned Tahasildar.
- Income Certificate obtained from concerned Tahasildar to claim “Supernumerary Quota” seats.
Certificate to be Submitted
To claim Supernumerary Quota(SNQ), the candidates are required to submit the income certificate issued by the concerned Jurisdictional Tahasildar or the Block Education Officer in given below format.