KEAM 2018 Seat Allotment
KEAM 2018 Seat Allotment process will begin along with KEAM Counselling process in the month of June, 2018. And the seats will be allotted through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The allotment of seats will be based on merit, availability of seats and the choices filled by candidates. CEE, Kerala will release the list of allotted seats online.
Centralized Allotment Process (CAP)
General steps involved in CAP
- Commencement of online option registration
- Trial allotment
- Closing of option registration
- First allotment
- Second allotment
- Third allotment
Seat Allotment Procedure
- Candidates must first register themselves for counselling process after which,
- They must fill their preferred choices of course-college combination. And print out can be taken for reference.
- Trial Allotment:
- CEE will release Trial Allotment list which helps candidates to familiarize with seat allotment.
- Probable seats will be released in this allotment based on merit and choices entered by candidates.
Trial allotment will not influence actual seat allotment list, trial allotment is conducted for candidate’s reference.
- Closing of option registration: Candidates can enter option in specified duration after which their options will be locked.
- First seat allotment:
- First list of KEAM seat allotment 2018 will be published tentatively in the last week of June 2018.
- Candidates will be able to check their allotment status in online mode.
- Seats will be allotted based on candidate’s performance in the entrance examination, preferred choice of colleges and course and availability of seats.
- The allotment memo will be available online and will consist of the details regarding the allotted institute and fees to be paid.
- Fee can be paid both in Online mode and Offline mode.
- For online payment, candidates can use Credit/Debit card/Net banking to pay the fees.
- For offline payment, candidates can pay the prescribed fees at the selected branches of State Bank of Travancore (SBT).
- Failure to pay the prescribed fee will make the candidates lose out their allotment.
- Candidates will have to report at their allotted institute for confirmation of admission after payment of fees.
- Original documents of the candidates also has to be presented for verification purpose.
- Second seat allotment:
- Candidates who were not allotted seats in the first round are eligible to participate in second round of seat allotment.
- Those candidates who have valid options and wish to participate in the second round of counselling will have to log in and confirm their options by clicking “Confirm” in his/her Option Registration Page.
- Unwanted options can be deleted by the candidates and the order of preference can also be changed. Online option confirmation has to be done before each round of seat allotment.
KEAM 2018 Spot allotment
- Spot allotment will be conducted to fill the vacant seats after the KEAM 2018 seat allotment process is completed.
- KEAM spot allotment 2018 will be held in offline mode at the Office of Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE).
- Candidates who are included in the rank list will be allowed to attend the seat allotment process. However, those candidates who have obtained admission in Government Merit seats for a course will not be allowed to participate in spot allotment for that particular course.
- But a candidates who is allotted in a Government Merit Seat in a Government Controlled Self Financing College will be allowed to participate for allotment into any course.
Note: The seat allotment process would be purely based on the rank secured by the candidates and the options available. To confirm the admission the candidates have to report back to the college after the final seat allotment.
Reporting at Allotted Institutes
The selected candidates who were allotted seats will have to report at their respective colleges to confirm their admission where verification of original documents will be done. If the candidate fail to pass the verification process, then there are chances of their allotment being cancelled. The following documents have to be presented for verification:
- KEAM Admit Card 2018
- KEAM Result 2018
- Birth certificate
- Fee Receipt issued by Bank
- Original 10+12th Standard Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Allotment Memo issued by CEE
- Transfer Certificate from the last attended institute
- Conduct Certificate from the last attended institutes
- Eligibility Certificate from those applicants who have passed their qualifying examination other than examination conducted by Kerala Government or CEE.
- Original mark list of D-Pharm. Part-I and Part-II examinations and Diploma in Pharmacy certificate(if applicable)
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Any other document required by the Head of the Institution