NEET 2018 Central Pool Quota Reservation
Central Pool Quota is reserved for such candidates who belong to home state which lack medical/dental institution on its own. There are states which doesn’t own any medical/dental college/institution and in order to provide admissions to candidates belonging to such state, a reservation is made wherein seats are obtained voluntarily from various state governments, colleges and universities. The seats are also reserved for wards of individuals working with certain Government Departments.
The States/UT eligible for Central Pool Quota:
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
Please note that the only children of,
- Permanent residents of State/UT concerned
- The employees of State/UT Government concerned
- The employees of Central/other State/UT Government on deputation of State/UT concerned
- The employees of Central/other State/UT Government posted in and having their headquarters within the State/UT concerned will be eligible.
Note: The children of Central/State/UT Government employees mentioned above should be treated at par with local resident.
The beneficiary Government departments:
- Ministry of Defence – For wards of Defence Personnel
- Ministry of Home Affairs – For wards of Paramilitary Personnel and for wards of Civil Terrorism victims
- Ministry of External Affairs – For wards of Mission Staff posted outside India
- Ministry of Human Resource Development – For Tibetan Refugees
- For Cabinet Secretariat – for wards of personnel working at RAW, SSF, SPG and others
- For Indian Council of Child Welfare – for National Bravery Award winners