NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
NEET is a National level entrance exam conducted 150 cities on 6th May, 2018. The exam pattern for NEET 2018 comprising mode of examination, type and total number of questions, number of subjects, exam duration, marking scheme etc is given below.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
|Mode of the Examination||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper based)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Number of questions||180 (Physics – 45, Chemistry – 45, Botany – 45, Zoology – 45)|
|Total marks||720 marks (180 Q x 4 marks)|
4 marks will be rewarded for each correct answer
Negative marking - For each incorrect response one mark will be deducted from the total score
No response/answer – No mark will be deducted More than one answer indicated in a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
|Type of questions||Objective type questions (MCQs)|
|Language||English/English and Hindi/English + one regional language of candidate’s choice|
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English.
- Candidates opting for regional languages would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in selected regional language and in English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
- Option of regional languages will only be available as per following details:-
Option for regional languages along with examination centres are available as per following details
|Medium of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|English and Hindi||All Examination Centre Cities|
|English & Assamese||Examination Centre Cities in Assam|
|English & Bengali||Examination Centre Cities in West Bengal and Tripura|
|English & Gujarati||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadar & Nagar Haveli|
|English & Kannada||Examination Centre Cities in Karnataka|
|English & Marathi||Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra|
|English & Oriyas||Examination Centre Cities in Odisha|
|English & Tamil||Examination Centre Cities in Tamil Nadu|
|English & Telugu||Examination Centre Cities in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|English & Urdu||All Examination Centre Cities|
NEET 2018 Questions and Marks Distribution
NEET 2018 Marking Scheme
|Unattempted question||No Marks|