UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates can opt for the courses they want. For example, if a candidate opts for B.Tech, the candidate have to appear in Paper 1. However, B.Tech (Biotechnology) candidates can opt for any Paper i.e Paper 1 & Paper 2 .The entrance test will have objective multiple type questions, with one correct answer.
Paper 1, paper 2, paper 3 and paper 4 is a pen and paper based test. Marking Scheme for each question will be four marks for every correct response. More than one correct answer for each question will be determined as an incorrect answer. There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Check below for more details about UPSEE 2018 admit card.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern
|Mode of the Examination||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper based)|
|Subjects||Paper 1-Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Paper 2-Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Paper 3-AG-I, AG-II and AG-III *
Paper 4-Aptitude Test for Architecture & Design
Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity
Part–B: Drawing Aptitude
|Duration||3 hours for Paper 1, 2 & 3
21/2 hours (2 Hours 30 Minutes) for Paper 4
|Number of questions||Paper 1-150 questions (Physics- 50, Chemistry- 50, Mathematics- 50)
Paper 2- 150 questions(Physics- 50, Chemistry- 50, Biology- 50)
Paper 3- 150 questions( AG-I -50, AG-II-50 and AG-III-50)
Paper 4- 102 questions(Mathematics-50 and Aesthetic Sensitivity-50, Drawing Aptitude-2)
|Total marks||Paper 1,2 & 3 - 600 Marks (150 Q x 4 Marks)
Paper 4 - 500 Marks( 100 Q x 4 Marks) & ( 2 Q x 100 Marks)
|Marking scheme||4 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
There is no negative marking for incorrect or unattempted answers.
|Type of questions||Objective Type Questions (MCQ) (except drawing aptitude test for paper 4).|
|Language||English and Hindi|
- AG – I: Agricultural Physics and Chemistry
- AG – II: Agricultural Engineering and Statistics
- AG – III: Agronomy and Agricultural Botany
UPSEE 2018 Marking Scheme
|Wrong answer||No Marks|
|Unattempted question||No Marks|
Distribution of papers for different engineering courses
|B.Tech. / B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)||Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Bio Technology)||Paper 1 or Paper 2|
|B.Tech(Agriculture Engineering)only||Paper 3|
Important points for UPSEE Exam Pattern 2018
- The duration of UPSEE 2018 will be for 3 hours for Paper(1,2,3) and the testing time for Paper 4 will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Candidates have to enter their responses on an OMR answer sheet against the respective question number
- Questions will be objective multiple type, except for Drawing Aptitude Test (Part B of Paper 4)
- Candidates have to choose only one choice as correct answer. More than one answer will be considered as incorrect answer.
- Candidates will not be given negative marks for incorrect answers. A record of the incorrect answers given by the candidate will be maintained.
- Candidates have to enter the answers on the OMR sheet using a ballpoint pen (Black/ Blue) only. UPSEE 2018 will be conducted in offline mode.
- Answers will be evaluated by OMR methodology
- Question papers 1, 2, and 3 will be in both English and Hindi. In case of any ambiguity, however, the English version will be considered final.
- In case of Paper 4, candidates can opt for either English or Hindi to answer Part B.
- In all cases candidates must use Standard English Numerals only.