VITEEE 2018 Counselling
VITEEE Counselling Begins from 9th May 2018.To participate in VITEEE counselling 2018, candidates have to register first and then appear for the documents verification at the venue allotted by the admission authority. The admission authority will inform the candidates about the counselling schedule either through sms or through mail.
Candidates are allotted seat based on their rank secured in VITEEE 2018, during the counselling process. In the VIT counselling center, candidates can find out the availability of seats for different branches in different participating institutes which will help them to make an appropriate choice related to courses and colleges. For the VIT counselling session, candidate will have to be physically present otherwise it will result in the cancellation of his candidature.
During counselling of VITEEE 2018 he/she has to bring the specified original documents along with two sets of photocopies. Moreover, a candidate will have to make a payment of the part fees of Rs 50,000 through demand draft drawn in favor of VIT University payable at Vellore.
VITEEE Counselling Schedule 2018
The Schedule for the counselling of VITEEE 2018 is given below.
|Rank 1 - 8000||09.05.2018(Wednesday)|
|Rank 8001 - 14000||10.05.2018(Thursday)|
|Rank 14001 - 20000||11.05.2018(Friday)|
Candidates are requested to book the Train / Flight tickets in advance to participate in the VITEEE Counselling in Vellore Campus / Chennai Campus / VIT-Bhopal / VIT-AP
Slot and Time for VITEEE - 2018 Counselling Phase - I [ Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal & Amaravati]
|Date||Time||Slot||Rank From||Rank To|
|09.05.2018 (Wednesday)||8.30 am||1||1||3000|
|09.05.2018 (Wednesday)||11.00 am||2||3001||6000|
|09.05.2018 (Wednesday)||1.00 am||3||6001||8000|
|10.05.2018 (Thursday)||8.30 am||1||8001||10000|
|10.05.2018 (Thursday)||11.00 am||2||10001||12000|
|10.05.2018 (Thursday)||1.00 am||3||12001||14000|
|11.05.2018 (Friday)||8.30 am||1||14001||16000|
|11.05.2018 (Friday)||11.00 am||2||16001||18000|
|11.05.2018 (Friday)||1.00 am||3||18001||20000|
Slot and Time for VITEEE - 2018 Counselling Phase - II [ Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal & Amaravati]
|Date||Time||Slot||Rank From||Rank To|
|14.05.2018 (Monday)||8.30 am||1||20001||22000|
|14.05.2018 (Monday)||11.00 am||2||22001||25000|
|14.05.2018 (Monday)||1.00 am||3||25001||28000|
|15.05.2018 (Tuesday)||8.30 am||1||28001||34000|
|15.05.2018 (Tuesday)||11.00 am||2||34001||40000|
|15.05.2018 (Tuesday)||1.00 am||3||40001||46000|
|16.05.2018 (Wednesday)||8.30 am||1||46001||52000|
|16.05.2018 (Wednesday)||11.00 am||2||52000||58000|
|16.05.2018 (Wednesday)||1.00 am||3||58001||64000|
|17.05.2018 (Thursday)||8.30 am||1||64001||70000|
|17.05.2018 (Thursday)||11.00 am||2||70001||76000|
|17.05.2018 (Thursday)||1.00 am||3||76001||82000|
|18.05.2018 (Friday)||8.30 am||1||82001||88000|
|18.05.2018 (Friday)||11.00 am||2||88001||94000|
|18.05.2018 (Friday)||1.00 am||3||94001||99999|
Counselling at VIT-BHOPAL Campus only
|Date||Rank From||Rank To||Counselling Venue|
Eligible Candidates are requested to attend the counselling at VIT-BHOPAL campus directly as per the schedule
VITEEE Counselling Procedure 2018
- The counselling for allocation of branches to the short-listed candidates is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in the VITEEE- 2018.
- Common selection and Admission procedure will be followed through single window counselling in Vellore / Chennai / Bhopal(MP) / Amaravathi(AP) for all the B.Tech programmes.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted for counselling can attend in any one of the places viz., Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal (MP) and Amaravathi (AP).
- To take care of possible absentees, the number of qualified candidates is kept more than the number of seats available in VIT.
- A candidate has qualified in the VITEEE-2018 and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission to him / her. It depends upon the candidate's All India Rank (AIR) in the entrance examination and the availability of seats.
- Details of the various branches offered under the B.Tech programme in the current year, the total number of seats allocated for each branch at the time of counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre to enable the candidates to make their choice.
- Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted the branch.
- VIT is in no way responsible for information regarding counselling not reaching the candidates.
- No change of date / time of counselling is permissible. If a candidate does not personally appear before the Admission Committee for counselling on the date specified, his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in the order of merit.
- However, due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he / she can attend on a subsequent date / time, after duly intimating the office, regarding this. But the candidate can only opt for the branch available at that point of time and cannot claim any other branch as per his/her original turn / seniority.
- After the counselling for a particular day is over, the number of seats (branchwise) still available for allotment on the next day of counselling will be published on the website
- If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he/she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to forego his / her seat and produce the XII hall ticket.
For Phase I
- The selected candidates will have to submit the DD for Rs.50,000 /- in favour of 'Vellore Institute of Technology', payable at Vellore, on confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted.This includes Rs.10,000/- (plus 18% GST i.e., Rs.11,800/-) towards counselling and processing fee.The Counselling and processing fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University.
For Phase II
- The selected candidates will have to submit the DD for Rs.3,00,000 /- in favour of 'Vellore Institute of Technology', payable at Vellore, on confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted.This includes Rs.10,000/- (plus 18% GST i.e., Rs.11,800/-) towards counselling and processing fee. The Counselling and processing fee is NON-REFUNDABLE , but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the Institute
Advance Hostel Fee payment
Candidates requiring hostel accommodation will have to submit a separate crossed Demand Draft for Rs.21,200/-(Hostel fee Advance Rs.20,000 + Processing fee Rs.1,200 non-refundable)
Allotment of branch & Campus once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
Document submission at the time of Counselling
The candidate should produce the following documents in original along with two-set of photocopies while reporting for counselling:
- VITEEE-2018 e-Admit card, Counselling Admit card and VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof certificate
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination (if available) / XII Hall ticket (For result awaiting candidates)
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST only)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura)
- Demand Draft for Rs. 50000/- drawn in favour of 'Vellore Institute of Technology', payable at Vellore.
- For Hostel requirement, Demand Draft for Rs. 21,200/- drawn in favour of 'Vellore Institute of Technology', payable at Vellore
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Candidates without the DD for the above said amount will not be permitted to attend counselling
- Phase-I counselling eligible candidates (Rank 1-20000), who have not attended / not opted / Absent can attend Phase-II Counselling with Rs.3,00,000/- DD as per the order of merit and available seats. Without Rs.3,00,000/- Demand Draft, no one will be permitted to attend Phase II Counselling
- Candidates will be allowed to attend counselling only once
- VITEEE-2018 is a Common Entrance Exam and Eligible candidates can select any of the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the order of merit and availability
- Under any circumstances candidates who have secured one lakh and above rank will not be considered for admission in VIT-Vellore, VIT-Chennai and VIT-AP campuses.
- Under Genuine reason, if a candidate is not able to attend the counselling, he/she can authorize either his/her father/mother to attend the counselling on his/her behalf with proper proof (viz., e-admit card, authorization letter, Left and Right Index Finger Impression, Proof of absence in addition to the other documents)
- Under any circumstances, No change of campus or programme will be allowed after admission
- VITEEE-2018 Rankholders from 1,00,000 to 1,50,000 can attend Counselling only at VIT-Bhopal Campus as per the schedule and select the courses available at Bhopal Campus only.
- Eligible candidates can register themselves for counselling at - VITEEE Bhopal Registration
Scholarship under “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP)
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
Guidelines for Candidates Participating in Counselling of VITEEE 2018
- VITEEE counselling 2018 can be attended only once
- No changes in branches or campus will be allowed
- Counselling will be based on All India Rank (AIR) in VITEEE 2018
- The selection and admission procedure is through single window counselling across all campuses of VIT University, Vellore/Chennai/Bhopal (MP)/Amaravathi (AP). Qualified candidates can attend the counselling in any of the four campuses.
- Candidates will be allowed to participate in counselling only with a DD of Rs.50, 000 in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore, on confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted. This is inclusive of Rs.12, 000 (service tax included) towards the VIT counselling and processing fee. The VITEEE 2018 counselling and processing fee is non-refundable, but it will be adjusted in the academic fees once the candidate joins the university.
- Candidates will need hostel have to submit a separate crossed DD for Rs. 21,000 (Hostel fee Advance Rs.20, 000 + Processing fee Rs.1, 000 non-refundable).
- Candidates will be availing the scholarships only when they join the Institute.
- If candidate is not able to participate in the VIT counselling, his/her seat will be offered to the candidate next to him/her in merit order.
- In special cases (inevitable/unforeseen/unavoidable reasons) if a candidate is not able to participate in VITEEE 2018 counselling personally on the specified date and time, then he/she can appear for counselling on a subsequent date and time. For the same, candidate will have to inform the VITEEE office in this regard. Moreover, candidate will have to accept whichever branch is available at that time.
- In case a qualified candidate’s mark sheet is not received before the scheduled day of counselling, he/she has to produce an undertaking, mentioning that if the candidate fails to qualify as per the rules, then he/she will give up their seat.
- Candidates need to bring counselling e-admit card and copy of Aadhaar Card to participate in VITEEE counselling 2018.
- Details related to various branches offered, the total number of seats allocated for each branch at the time of counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling venue to enable the candidates to make their choice.
If the fee is not paid before the deadline, then the provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled.