WBJEE 2018 Application Form
WBJEE 2018 Application form has been released on 19th December, 2017 and candidates can submit the application form online till 19th January, 2018. Candidates must fill the necessary details in the Application form correctly and submit it before deadline.
Important Instructions for Online Application:
Candidates must go through the Information Bulletin carefully before attempting for online application. Once an application is received, it will be construed that the candidate agrees to all terms & conditions, rules & regulations stipulated in the Information Bulletin and notices published by the Board for the said purpose. Any application not in compliance with the conditions specified in the Information Bulletin is liable to be rejected.
- Application for WBJEE-2018 has to be done online only. There is no printed application form available.
- Ensure filling genuine application form available on line at www.wbjeeb.nic.in
- It is essential to have a mobile number and a unique email ID. All future communications will be sent through the registered mobile number and email ID.
- Once the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Gender and Date of Birth are entered and submitted, they cannot be changed/modified/edited under normal circumstances.Also the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates etc.
- Do not attempt to make any duplicate application.
- Do not share your application number; pass word, security question/answer with anyone.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature as instructions provided in the Information Bulletin.
- If any information other than Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name and Date of birth given in the application needs to be corrected then do the correction within the given window period of correction. The Board will not make any correction thereafter.
- If any candidate receives any SMS/email regarding discrepancy in photograph/signature uploaded by him/her, he/she must take corrective action immediately within one day.
- The amount of application fees to be paid for appearing in the WBJEE-2018 is ₹500 (Rupees five hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable. The Examination Fees can be paid either in cash less mode by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/ ‘Credit Card’ or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan. Payment status is updated automatically and hence should show ‘OK’ immediately after the payment. But in some rare cases it may be delayed due to the Bank’s network delay/failure or transaction failure at the Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG). If the payment status does not show ‘OK’ immediately after making the payment then the candidates are advised as follows,
- If the payment was made by e-challan, contact the bank branch immediately, where the cash payment was made.
- If the payment was made by net banking/debit card/credit card, and the transaction failed at EPG, the candidate has to make payment once again.
- Keep copies of confirmation page, admit card in safe custody. It is not possible to generate any duplicate copy.
- For any query regarding the examination, contact:
Procedure for submission of application Form
Application for WBJEE-2018 has to be made ONLINE only through the webportal www.wbjeeb.nic.in
Candidates need to have a working mobile number and an email ID. All future communications by the Board will be sent to this mobile number and an email ID only.
Filling up of Application Form
The candidate will first enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth. Be careful while entering the registration details. It cannot be changed/edited/modified under normal circumstances.
Also the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates etc. which you have to produce to enter the examination hall, during counselling, during admission and during registration with the University.
- Any attempt by a candidate to make duplicate registration will be stopped by the system.
- Thereafter candidates will fill up various personal information regarding, Nationality, Religion, Income category, Address, Choice of examination zones, academic detail etc.
- At the end, the candidate has to choose password and security question/answer.
- At this stage the candidate can review the entire application and make changes as necessary.
- The candidate will then be asked to submit the application.
- Then an application number will be generated and SMS/email will be sent to the candidate.
- Candidates have to remember their password and security question/answer. If the candidate forgets the password, he/she has to recover it through “Forgot Password” option. There is no other way to recover the password even by the Board if it is lost.
- It is not possible for any person/agency to change/edit/input any information without knowing the password. Hence candidates must not share their password with anybody. The Board will not be responsible for any change resulting from sharing/ divulging of the password.
- At this stage candidates may logout or continue to next step.
Guidelines to Application form
Uploading of images
Specifications for Photograph and Signature
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG||3 KB to 100 KB.||4 cm x 3 cm|
|Signature||JPG/JPEG||3 KB to 30 KB.||4 cm x 1.5 cm|
Copy of same photograph need to be produced for entering the examination centre, during counseling, admission, registration with the university etc.
Payment of Examination Fees
After up-loading of images candidates will be directed automatically to the fee-payment step.
- The Examination Fees can be paid either in cash less mode by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card or in cash using Allahabad Bank echallan, which will be automatically generated for downloading once the same option is selected. The candidate has to take a print of the challan and deposit the fees in cash in any branch of Allahabad Bank with Core Banking Services (CBS).
- There is no other method of paying the application fee besides the above.
|Fee to be paid||Online Payment mode||Offline Payment mode|
|Rs. 500 + Bank sevice charges as applicable||Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card||Allahabad Bank echallan|
- On successful completion of all the above steps, candidate shall automatically be directed to the option for downloading the ‘Confirmation Page’ which means that the application is complete. APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE CONFIRMATION PAGE IS GENERATED.
- The confirmation page contains information as given by the candidate. As such, the Board is in no way responsible for any mistake in it. Also the same information will be repeated in the admit card and the rank card.
- Candidate should take a Print-out of the Confirmation Page and should preserve the same carefully till the completion of admission process
- The confirmation page cannot be regenerated after completion of the declared e-counselling and admission process conducted by the Board. Hence it is the responsibility of the candidate to preserve it safely.
- If any candidate looses his/her confirmation page, a duplicate can be provided by the Board, but only till 31/07/2018. In order to get a duplicate confirmation page, the candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
Correction of application form
- It is not possible to correct any primary registration data i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, gender and Date of birth of any candidate.
- If any candidate intends to correct any other information in his/her application, he/she can do so during the given correction window period using the edit mode. The Board cannot entertain any request for any correction under any circumstances beyond the correction window period.
- Also the Board will not make any correction on behalf of any candidate.
- Confirmation page, admit card, rank card etc. will be issued with the personal detail as is given by the candidate. In case of any problem to the candidate during admission or thereafter due to any mistake committed by him/her, the Board is not in a position to render any help e.g. issuing any letter of correction. The candidate has to take corrective actions at his/her end with the institute, where he/she takes admission.
Correction can be made on:
- Any Uploaded Documents
- TFW status
- PwD status