WBJEE 2018 Counselling
Candidates who will qualify in the WBJEE Exam can participate in the WBJEE 2018 counselling. The counselling process of WBJEE 2018 will begin tentatively from the 2nd week of June in online mode. The WBJEE 2018 e-counselling of will be held in three rounds. Candidates have to register themselves first to participate in the WBJEE counselling 2018, pay the counselling fee and fill their choices of courses and colleges.
Online registration for the WBJEE 2018 e-counselling will be allowed only once. During registration candidates also have to choose if they wish to participate in the WBJEE 2018 counselling on the basis of the JEE Main ranks, WBJEE 2018 ranks or both. During counselling session, candidates will be allotted seats in online mode on the basis of their WBJEE Ranks and choice filling and have to report to the help line centres to get their documents verified after seat allotment.
WBJEE 2018 Counselling schedule
|WBJEE 2018 Examination||22.04.2018
Paper I (Mathematics)
Paper II (Physics & Chemistry)
|Declaration of Result||05.06.2018|
|Counselling Session of WBJEE 2018||2nd week of June to 3rd week of July 2018|
WBJEE 2018 Counselling Procedure
After the declaration of result, e-counselling will be held. The counselling will be conducted in online mode for which candidates need to register themselves. After the WBJEE result 2018, a separate notification with details of e-counselling/seat allotment and admission will be published on the portal. Also, course-wise and institute wise availability of seats as provided by the competent authorities will also be published before counselling and allotment for the reference of the candidates.
Step 1: Online Registration
The qualified candidates will have to register themselves for the WBJEE counselling session. To register, candidates have to follow the mentioned below steps
- To register, click on the given link (Link will be updated soon).
- Select ‘New Registration’ option to register afresh. Candidates can opt for the registration through either through WBJEE, JEE Main or even both.
- Candidates who opt for WBJEE 2018 will have to enter their WBJEE 2018 application number, roll number, name and date of birth. Please note that all the information must match to the info given in the WBJEE admit card.
- Candidates who opt JEE Main 2018 will have to enter their JEE Main application number, roll number, name and date of birth as per their JEE Main Score card.
- If a candidate goes for both the channels, he/she will have to enter the details of both JEE Main and WBJEE.
- After entering the above details, the candidate will need to fill the details asked in the application form.
- Click on the ‘submit’ button to register yourself successfully.
While entering the details candidates must make sure they enter all the required information correctly and check before completing the registration process, because once the registration is done, they will not be able to make any changes to details like category, PwD status, TFW status, state of domicile, gender, religion etc. Also, registrations for WBJEE counselling 2018 will be allowed just once that is at the beginning of the first round.
Step 2- Counselling Fee Payment
After the registration is done successfully, candidate should download the e-challan to pay the WBJEE 2018 counselling fees . Candidates can make the payment either through E-challan of Allahabad Bank or through debit/credit card or even net banking. As soon as the candidate is done with the payment, he/she will have to enter the e-challan payment details after which the identity code and password will be generated.
The WBJEE 2018 counselling fee is non-refundable.
Step 3: Choice Filling and Locking
Fill the choice and lock it, candidates will have to select the courses and institutes as per their preference. Candidates will be able to fill as many choices as they want and lock their choice. These locked choices have to be printed out for future use.
Points to Remember While Choice Filling
- While filling the choice during the WBJEE counselling 2018, candidates need to make sure that they make the correct selection as the selected preference will be taken into consideration while allotting seats.
- Candidates are advised to fill as much choices as they can, as there is no restriction for it.
- Before filling their choices, candidates are advised to check the WBJEE cutoff to know their chances of admission at the participating institutes.
- Once choices are locked, candidates will not be allowed to make any changes.
- Candidates must take a print out of the selected choices after confirming them.