WBJEE 2018 Results
WBJEE 2018 Results will be declared on 5th June, 2018 (tentative) and prior to results declaration, The WBJEE Board will release Model Answer keys followed by Final answer keys, candidates can challenge the Model Answer keys for which they will have to pay required fee. Final result will be published in the form of Rank card which contains all relevant ranks, total scores etc.
Steps to check WBJEE 2018 Result/Rank card
- Visit WBJEE 2018 official website.
- Click on Result link (link will be updated).
- Login using login credentials.
- WBJEE 2018 Result will be displayed in the form of Rank card.
- Verify the details.
- Download and take the printout of Rank card.
Rank card contents:
- Roll number
- Total scores
- Component scores in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Date of birth
- Application number
- Qualifying Status
WBJEE will release Merit list after the declaration of results. WBJEE Merit list consists of all eligible candidates appeared for WBJEE, who can participate in the counselling process. Merit list for reserved categories will be published separately. Candidates can check the Merit list online for confirm their eligibility.
Guidelines for WBJEE Merit List 2018 (GMR)
- The merit list is prepared out of the overall performance of the candidates in all the subjects.
- Board will issue the merit list based on the marks scored by candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in WBJEE 2018.
- The merit list is prepared based on decreasing order of the marks scored in the entrance exam.
- WBJEE 2018 merit list 2018 will be published as General Merit Rank (GMR).
- For WBJEE 2018 counselling and seat allotment process, only the GMR will be considered.
- Candidates belonging to reserved classes will have a different list published for themselves.
- If in case, two or more candidates get same ranks, inter-se-merit list ruled will be applied as the tie-breaking rule.
- Candidates having their names in the JEE Main merit list 2018 will have 10% approved seats in all Self Financed Engineering & Technology Colleges of West Bengal.
WBJEE 2018 Tie Breaking Rules for GMR
WBJEE Engineering Merit list will be displayed online and the list will be indicating the students name in descending order of the marks scored by them. Given below is the tie breaking parameters
- Less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry taken together, if the tie still doesn’t break, then
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together, if still the tie continues, then
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together, if the tie is not solved yet, then
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together, if the rank persists the same, then
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together, if the tie still prevails, then
- More positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions, if still the tie remains, then
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, if the tie endures, then
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions, if the tie still pursues, then
- Less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions, if it still hold on the same, then
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
If the ties still exists in GMR or PMR then Date of Birth (DOB) will be considered. The older candidate will be preferred over younger one.
Evaluation and declaration of result
- The Model Answer Keys will be published in www.wbjeeb.in in shortly after the examination. For this purpose, candidates are advised to regularly follow the web site after the examination.
- Any candidate can challenge any model answer key by logging in with his/her password.
- Challenges of the model answer keys will be accepted online through the link to be given for the purpose in www.wbjeeb.in on payment of ₹500 per question plus the bank’s service charges. The amount is payable by net banking/debit card/ credit card/ e-challan. The fee once paid is non refundable.
- The Board will review the challenges and publish Final and Frozen Answer Keys. The Board’s decision in this regard will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
- Images of OMRs and machine read responses will be uploaded in www.wbjeeb.in two to three weeks (tentatively) after the examination.
- Any candidate can view the images of his/her OMRs and machine read responses by logging in with his/her password.
- The candidates, who are not satisfied with the captured responses can challenge on line through the link to be given for the purpose in www.wbjeeb.in on payment of ₹500 per question plus bank’s service charges. The amount is payable by net banking/debit card/ credit card/ e-challan. The fee once paid is non-refundable.
- The Board will review the challenges and take final decision. The Board’s decision on the challenges will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
- Challenges by letter, fax, telephone etc. other than through online mode will not be accepted or entertained.
- Candidates may download and preserve images of their OMRs, their machine read responses and answer keys. Such documents will not be available online after publication of result. If any candidate fails to download his/her documents in time and requires any of them after publication of result, he/she will have to pay Rs. 500/- by demand draft in the name of ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board’ payable at Kolkata for each document. The document will be sent to the candidate to his/her registered email ID.
- A candidate can calculate his/her score from his/her machine read response and answer keys published. However if any candidate needs a calculation sheet from the Board, he/she will have to pay Rs. 500/- by demand draft for each paper. The calculation sheet will be sent to the candidate to his/her email ID.
- Final result will be published in the form of Rank Card, which will contain all Relevant ranks, Total score and Component scores in Paper-I (Mathematics) and Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry).
- Candidates can view and download their rank card by logging in with their password.
- Duplicate rank cards cannot be generated at any later stage after completion of e-counselling and admission conducted by the Board. Hence candidates are advised to retain their rank cards carefully in a secured place for all future purpose.
- If a candidate need a duplicate rank card even after completion of ecounselling and admission conducted by the Board, the same can be provided, but only till 31/07/2018. In order to get a duplicate rank card, the candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata
- Ranks cards with scores will be issued to all candidates, who appeared in WBJEE-2018. But all may not be awarded a rank and hence may not be eligible for e-counseling, for which a cut off rank and/or a cut off score will be decided by the board.